At a press conference held in Delhi on 3rd February, Kalpavriksh, Greenpeace India, NAPM, and other civil society groups and individuals demanded action to stop the hasty, unscientific, and illegal clearances that Ministry of Environment and Forests is giving to industrial and development projects with serious ecological and social consequences.
- Report of the Public Hearing on Community Forest Rights 14th of December 2013
- Summary report of National Consultation on Forest Rights Act and Protected Areas11-12th November 2013, Indian Social Institute, New Delhi, organised by the Future of Conservation Network
- For More Info on Forest Rights Act
- Public Hearing on Community Forest Rights CFR-LA(Community Forest Rights-Learning and Advocacy Process)
- For more info on Community Forest Rights Learning and Advocacy Process
Come and explore the joys of the western ghats and village hospitality in Yelavali village, Bhimashankar!
Take a look at the Brochure with gives you the basic information and activities that you can do there along with contactdetails
Read about the Bhimashankar Wildlife sanctuary and the Conservation and livelihoods Programme by the villagers and the Kalpavriksh team members
Birdwatching camp in Sarmoli (Munsiyari), Uttarakhand
Kalpavriksh, Titli Trust, Himal Prakriti and the Uttarakhand Forest Department organised a 3 day birdwatching camp in Sarmoli village, near Munsiyari, in Uttarakhand. This was part of a series of such camps initiated by the Department. Most participants were from Sarmoli and surrounding villages, including several women running homestays for visitors, and a few Department staff. See stories in local papers..
With the rains Nature comes alive and that gets all the senses of Kalpavrish Team members very very busy and the output- articles packed with information on all that surrounds us in nature. These will delight not only the child in you but bring joy to the weary souls hard at work!
Read them in: