The Protected Area Update is a newsletter on wildlife and protected areas (wildlife sanctuaries and national parks) that is published every two months by Kalpavriksh.
It is in its 18th. year of publication and fulfils a vital need of news and information related to PAs from across South Asia, particular India. The newsletter is published six times a year and mailed to nearly 1800 people. Additionally, it goes out as an electronic version to about 1500 individuals and is also hosted on a number of websites that deal with issues related to natural history of South Asia.
The publication has been supported by a number of organisations over the years. These include the Foundation for Ecological Security, The Duleep Matthai Nature Conservation Trust, Greenpeace India, Association for India's Development, The Bombay Natural History Society, the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds, Indian Bird Conservation Network and the World Wide Fund for Nature - India.
- Subscribe to our Newsletter on
- Please do join our conversations on
- Protected Area Update 2013 (Vol XVIX No. 1-3; nos 101-103)
- Protected Area Update 2012 (Vol XVIII No. 1; nos.95-100)
- Protected Area Update 2011 (Vol XVII No. 1-6; nos. 89-94)
- Protected Area Update 2010 (Vol XVI nos. 1-6; nos. 83-88)
- Protected Area Update 2009 (Vol XV nos. 1-6; nos. 77-82)
- Protected Area Update 2008 (Vol XIV nos. 1-6; nos. 71-76)
- Protected Area Update 2007 (Vol XIII nos. 1-6; nos. 65-70)
- Protected Area Update 2006 (Vol XII nos. 1-6; nos. 59-64)
- Protected Area Update 2005 (Vol XI nos. 1-6; nos. 53-58)
- Protected Area Update 2003- 2004 (Nos. 41-52)
- Protected Area Update 1994-2002 (Nos. 1-17 & 18-40)