In an insightful and scintillating lecture, linguist Ganesh Devy of the organisation Bhasha, spoke about India's language diversity, its erosion, and the need to sustain it as a basis of human survival and adaptation. The lecture was organised by the Alternatives Forum Pune and the Fergusson College, Pune.
Read about it here
At a press conference held in Delhi on 3rd February, Kalpavriksh, Greenpeace India, NAPM, and other civil society groups and individuals demanded action to stop the hasty, unscientific, and illegal clearances that Ministry of Environment and Forests is giving to industrial and development projects with serious ecological and social consequences.
- Report of the Public Hearing on Community Forest Rights 14th of December 2013
- Summary report of National Consultation on Forest Rights Act and Protected Areas11-12th November 2013, Indian Social Institute, New Delhi, organised by the Future of Conservation Network
- For More Info on Forest Rights Act
- Public Hearing on Community Forest Rights CFR-LA(Community Forest Rights-Learning and Advocacy Process)
- For more info on Community Forest Rights Learning and Advocacy Process
Kalpavriksh along with Parisar, Prayas, Centre for Environment Education, SOPPECOM, and Manthan, has initiated the Alternatives Forum Pune. The AFP's main objective is to discuss and take forward experiences and concepts that present an alternative to the current unsustainable and inequitable model of development.'
Come and explore the joys of the western ghats and village hospitality in Yelavali village, Bhimashankar!
Take a look at the Brochure with gives you the basic information and activities that you can do there along with contactdetails
Read about the Bhimashankar Wildlife sanctuary and the Conservation and livelihoods Programme by the villagers and the Kalpavriksh team members